Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Failing

Today is the first day I’ve walked away from a class completely disappointed in myself. All teachers have off days, but this was far worse than an off day. It was horrible. I enjoy teaching, as long as it isn’t in the classroom. I love teaching at church or camp, but the classroom…not so much. So why does God keep placing me in the classroom?

I know teaching is a gift God has given me, so I’m going to do the absolute best I can. Today that didn’t happen and I hate that! And what is bothering me the most right now is that I don’t know how else to teach a class of 17 special needs students or a class of 28 low level 6th graders who have no concept of respect and never stop talking. I know how to teach those types of students in smaller groups but that many changes everything.

It is days like me that make getting out of bed seem like the worst idea ever. It is these days that make me want to revert back to the old Sarah. But I’m not that person anymore so I have to push through and focus on the good. We had our first Oasis leaders meeting tonight. I had some a couple good conversations with friends. And I have health insurance.

So as bad as today was it wasn’t as bad as as an Alexander day.

No comments:

Post a Comment