Saturday, May 19, 2007

Attitude towards worship

I think one of our school’s big struggles right now is our attitude towards spiritual development. There seems to be some very unique views of what spiritual development should look like and it is evident on every level. Probably the greatest result of this issue has been our attitudes and approach to chapel. As I’ve planned this series I wanted to be intentional about making the week on corporate worship a time where we could step back and be honest about our attitudes it. Since this week is more of a family time I didn’t want to bring in a new face to speak, which means I’m the one speaking. Umm…

I’ve struggled to find the right way to approach the whole thing. Worship is such a dynamic act and there is so much I would love to share. After a lot of praying, writing, praying, rewriting, and more praying I think I’ve got something to run with.

When I gather to worship, what is the attitude of my heart? How does my attitude affect my worship and those around me? What should the attitude or my heart be when I enter a time of corporate worship?

These are some tough questions. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Leave a comment or send me an e-mail. If you wouldn’t mind keeping this week in prayer that would be great. Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment