Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Consumed by my Abba

Towards the end of October I started praying that God would consume every part of me. I needed to find a way to remind myself to be constantly connected to him through out my day no matter what the circumstances.

I decided to start being more intentional about looking for how God was moving around me and listening closer to the Spirit's voice. To mark those connections I decided I would stop in the moment and jot down a quick prayer in my journal. When I didn't have my journal I would text myself or twitter the prayer.

Tonight I went back through the last 24 days and read some of the prayers. I am amazed!
  • Abba teach me to be more patient and to love like you love.
  • Abba your love and faithfulness overwhelms me. You are my source of joy.
  • Abba teach me to love more, to takes steps of faith to shine you.
  • Abba just one. One love. One focus. One more worker for the harvest.
  • Abba I am overwhelmed by your passionate pursuit of me and consuming love.
  • Abba break me of the things that are not of you. I long to look more like you.
  • Abba, you are the source of my joy. Thanks for an incredible day.
  • Abba I’m trusting you. Help me when I doubt.
  • Abba my life is yours. All for you and for your glory.
  • Abba help me in my unbelief. Forgive me when I fail to trust you fully.
  • My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness 2 Cor 12:9 -- Abba you are all I need. Consume me.
  • Abba consume every part of me.
God is doing so much in my life and I feel like I can't keep up. I'm falling more and more in love with my Abba as I see more and more how much he is pursuing me. I find myself consumed by his love and goodness at what appear to be the most random times. His love is far beyond my comprehension. I can't wait to see what he has in store next!

No comments:

Post a Comment