Wednesday, October 03, 2012

GSM Middle School Challenge: Meditation and Solitude

from Radio Free Babylon
I saw this comic strip today and it reminded me of our conversation on Sunday about the spiritual disciplines or practices of meditation and solitude. I thought I would share it with you and encourage you to keep practicing all of the spiritual disciplines we've talked about this semester.

If you aren't sure of what a next step might be, I thought I would share with you a couple passages you might spend some time wrestling with this week.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." John 14:6
 He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30
Grab your Bible and journal. Turn off the tv, video games, and music and find some space to be with God. Find some GSM friends to share your experience with before next week. Dig in an be ready to hear what God wants to share with you.

Psalm 1:1-2
Blessed is the one 
who does not walk in the step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers, 
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord
and who meditates (hagah) on his law day and night.




No comments:

Post a Comment