Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Servant Spotlight: Amanda Karr



This month’s servant spotlight is on Amanda Karr. She serves on several ministry teams including the Sunday Worship Team, Worship Support Team and Care Ministry.

How do you serve in the church family and the community?
I try to serve the church family by being a part of the praise team and doing a few things "behind the scenes" when and where I can. I think the most challenging (to me at least) and most important part of serving isn't cleaning up or doing prep work, but opening up to people and forming real relationships that last longer than an hour Sunday morning.

In the community, I do my best to be positive at work and showing my coworkers that they are valuable for who they are and not just for what they do on the clock.

Why do you serve?
As a Pastors kid it was always something expected of me but as an adult I can see that serving is much more than an expectation to fill. Serving is fulfilling because I know that what I do is done for more than a sense of accomplishment. Serving others is fulfilling because I know that the little bit that I can do is making a difference for God and for his will. When I serve others I get to show others that I love them and that God loves them.

What is your favorite part about serving?
My favorite part of serving is that you get to show your love and the love of God by putting your love to work. Love in action is more than words, it's tangible proof.

What have you learned from serving other?
I have learned that there are thousands of ways to serve and that no matter what you do or how limited someones finances or physical abilities are, there is always a way to serve someone else and be living proof of Gods love.

What would you say to someone who is considering serving in a new way?
To anyone looking to serve in a new way, just jump in and do it. Don't let your mind get stuck on all the reasons not to do it. Find something you can do and jump in with both feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment