Monday, February 19, 2007

Upcoming retreat...

I’ve been a bit of a slacker as far as updating my blogs. I just don’t seem to get down here to civilization very often with the weather and lack of funds! I did post about some of the things I’ve been up to on my xanga site. However, the readers of this blog know me better than most so I thought I would share some exciting news with you.

This coming weekend four churches in Michigan are getting together for a jr. high retreat and I was asked to come and lead worship. It has been a little while since I’ve done that and I can’t tell you how much I miss it. This will be two weekends in a row that I’ve played or lead. How exciting is that?!?!

I was talking through the weekend with Eric today and he asked me if I would be willing to lead a breakout session on prayer. Hmm…does Sarah like talking about prayer…YES!!! I’m really excited about this opportunity as well. When I was working as the jr. high intern at HPCC I talked about prayer a lot with my students. At the time since youth ministry was still a new thing to me I might as well teach these kids how to pray so God can be teaching them because I felt pretty clueless.

I thought now might be an appropriate time to go back to Jeffrey’s famous quote about my prayers. I love this kid!!!

"Sarah, you don't know how to pray. Your prayers don't work. Don’t worry I’ll teach you how to pray." -Jeffrey Myers

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am so excited for you to be able to lead worship :) You'll have to let us know how that goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sounds like an awesome weekend. As far as the movie list goes...I couldn't sleep the other night so I lay there thinking about this list for about an hour before i fell asleep. It was really tough to come up with. There are alot that could make the list but weren't quite there like Jurasic Park, Batman (Michael Keaton) Tombstone, Twister, all three Indiana Jones movies and Backdraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so easy to take things for granted though, even the little I love you's from a 5 yr old. I have some friends who have been married 26 yrs and the husband is so bad about taking his family for granted. He will buy them almost anything yet doesn't do the little things that really matter.

    ReplyDelete