Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Day Bible Challenge: Luke

Yes. Yes. I know that I'm a three days past the 30 day mark and finished reading it a week ago but this is the first chance I've had to write. So here we go.

Luke is like a good friend to me, mostly to the year I spent studying and memorizing for Bible Bowl. We've had our fair share of fights and several good laughs. I think the best way to describe this recent read is like taking a walk down memory lane. I constantly felt God was saying, "Hey Sarah, remember this?" over and over again.

I was reminded of the power of God. I was reminded of faithfulness of Christ. I was reminded of the challenge that comes with surrendering everything. More than anything, I was reminded of the passionate pursuit God has towards his people.

Why is it so easy for me to forget that no matter how much I long to grow closer to Christ, God desires it a billion trillion times more than I do? That is what I've been reminding myself on the hard days the last couple weeks. It helps.

I'm not sure I'll continue to blog about the next 30 days of finishing the NT. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment