Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Embracing the Adventure

I’ve always enjoyed a good adventure. The type of adventure when you grab your camera, some water and head to a county or state park to explore the woods. I rarely stay on the trails but I always know where the trail is. Or if I’m feeling really adventurous I’ll try something new at a restaurant I’ve been to a hundred times. I’m a huge risk taker, aren’t I?!

As much as I like to play things safe, it seems life has been one crazy situation after another. Some would call them struggles, obstacles, trials or just plain insanity. I chose to call them adventures…grand adventures. I’ve begun to learn the value of embracing the adventure instead of despising the pain. James sums it up so well.
Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything. James 1:2-4
When I decide to welcome the challenges as "opportunities for joy," I discover I learn a whole lot more than when I try to fight against the difficulties. This doesn’t necessarily make the learning process easier, but it reminds me the growing pains are worth it.

I still have much to so learn, which means the adventures are far from over. I’m okay with that. These adventures are part of my story. They draw me closer to Abba. I could probably write a separate post on that and what I’ve learned, but knowing me, I wouldn’t count on it!

Find a way to embrace the adventure friends. I don’t think you’ll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment