Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bethel Updates

It has been several weeks since I shared about Bethel's chapel service that lasted several hours and I thought I would share with you what is happening on campus now.

In my opinion one of the greatest things that has happened because of this experience is the number of discipleship groups that have formed. My understanding is most of these groups are being lead by faculty and staff members. I've had conversations with several students who are involved in these groups and loving the growth that is coming from it. Last week I spoke with a student that is participating in a group that starts at 7 AM. Ask any college student and they will tell you that is really early. While this student constantly tells me she hates the early hour she also explains how much she has appreciated the authenticity of the group experience.

Another common conversation I've had with students reality of the spiritual warfare that happens around them that they were unaware of previously. A student shared with me this week that they had no clue how much opposition they would face when they decided to start pursuing Christ in every area of their lives. This has lead to some incredible conversations among students and it has been fun to watch them pull together to support each other.

Continue to pray for Bethel. The semester is winding down, which means crazy schedules and a temptation to push aside the commitments and steps that were set up several weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment