Friday, January 05, 2007

Evening with God and Friends

Last night at New Community my friend Jason lead us through the story of the adulterous women found in John 8:1-11. He did a fantastic job of sharing his story and the changes God can make in our lives as he heals us. And finally after hearing the lyrics to one of his songs several time I got the chance to hear it. It was one of those great corporate worship times where you recognize you are in a room full of people who are broken and looking to God for healing.

Afterwards as I was talking to Jeffrey , I looked up and saw my friend Michael walking down the aisle. Both Jason and Jeff had failed to tell me he was going to be in town. It was such a great surprise. After catching up with lots of different people the four of us went to IHOP to grab something to eat. As we were sitting there laughing and causing a ruckus, Jason made the comment that one of his favorite times of hanging out with friends is when if anyone on the outside were to look in they would think, “Those people are weird.” Of course we all laughed and I’m not sure I could have smiled any wider. Here I was having dinner with three of my closest friends! I was so thankful I didn’t even know what to say.

I love being with friends. It doesn’t really matter what we are doing I just love being with friends. These three guys are some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met and I’m blessed because I can call them good friends. It isn’t very often that all of us are in the same place at the same time. I know I say this a lot but thank you God for these amazing friends!

2 comments:

  1. That was a rare evening. I need to remember it!

    The only thing funnier than michael locking himself in the bathroom is the fact the fact that I forgot the door was broken the next morning and I locked myself in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends...friends are good!
    The cool thing is that I can honeslty say I agree and that I get the same feeling when i get to go home at night to my girls.

    ReplyDelete