Sunday, July 01, 2007

Deeper Life Highlights

There are a lot of things I could say about Deeper Life but I'm sure you don't want to read it all and I don't want to type it. Therefore you get the highlights!

THEME: The View From The Top...

SUNDAY morning Eric lead us on a hike. As we walked, he would stop and share how that area represented something in the coming week. God’s creation is beautiful but we don’t seem to take enough time to stop and learn from it. This was a great way to start the week.

MONDAY we focused on God’s view of God. All day I was reminded of how huge my God is and yet he still allows me to speak to him and hear his voice. Deuteronomy 4:32-40.

TUESDAY was a powerful day as we focused on God’s view of me. It is so easy for me to put on a mask and leave it there. After a while I think I forget it is there and allow that mask to be my reality. That reality is far from God’s view of me and I’ve got to allow God’s view to be my reality.

WEDNESDAY may have been my favorite day as we talked about God’s view of us…the community. We worshipped in small circles that night. I loved watching a camper kneel down and wash his sister’s feet as he told her how much he loved her. I loved watching my small group take a step of faith because the felt the Holy Spirit nudging them and then watching God provide in their obedience.

THURSDAY was a stretching day as we talked about God’s view of others. As we stepped back and looked at how we treat others in our lives it wasn’t long before many of us realized we needed to be loving more.

FRIDAY we took a look at God’s view of responsibility. Our small group talked a lot about what everyone’s next right step was as they returned home. We had some of our greatest small group times this day as students started to share about struggles and tough decisions that had to be made.

Deeper Life

No comments:

Post a Comment