Friday, September 30, 2011

Student Leader Retreat Stories - Josh Oliver


Josh Oliver a student leader at Southwestern Michigan College shares about his experience on our Student Leaders Retreat. 

As I reflect on the time we spent together I have made these observations. Not only about myself but the group as a whole.

We all have our own unique shape. That shape defines who we are as a person. That shape also plays a huge role when it comes to being a member of a team.

I learned that society can't define your shape for you. You have to be the one that does that. We have to be the person God made us to be and we can't let others tell us any different. We have to be able to stand up and step out in faith to show the world who we are and whose we are. We are children of God. I also learned that I have more to offer than I originally thought.

Don't be afraid to share your shape with others. Your shape is always changing with each new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment