Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Student Leader Retreat Stories - Dylan Lemert


Dylan Lemert a student leader at Indiana University-South Bend shares about his experience on our Student Leaders Retreat.

I'll admit, all I really wanted from this retreat at first was to get away from home for a few days and hang out with some great people. Maybe also have God show up in bits and pieces along the way, so I could come home having felt "in greater touch with my spiritual side". But God was with us from day one, the Invisible Passenger sitting beside us as we traveled in that old red church van. I could see His face in the stars at night as we praised Him with our meager voices. Instead of a relaxing weekend, I encountered a weekend full of the breaking, chiseling, molding, and repairing of my ego and character. God's hands must've been tired when He was finished because it's hard work trying to change a soul as stubborn as mine. 

I thank God for the staff, interns, and fellow student leaders who were as patient with me as God was. As tired physically as I was by trip's end, I came home refreshed and eager. My prayer is that this Impact student leaders retreat may simply act as a catalyst for much, much greater things to come. Our campuses will see God and I think the time for that is very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment