Monday, April 21, 2008

Life of Impact

I received a call from my parents yesterday after Lifeline. Usually Mom tells me why she is calling in the message, even if it just a “you haven’t called me in a while” message. This time she didn’t so I knew something was up. I racked my brain trying to figure out what I forgot to do but couldn’t come up with anything. So I just called her back. She had called to inform me that a very close friend of our family (a distant relative as well I think) had past away.

Phil Frisbie was a phenomenal man of God and I’ve been thinking a lot about all the things he taught my siblings and me. He is the kind of guy who you can sit and listen to for hours because he has such amazing stories. His life on this earth may have come to an end but his lessons have not.

I can’t stop thinking about the mark he left in our community. His selfless love and generosity is still challenging me. I keep asking myself what kind of impact am I making in the lives of those around me. Am the kind of life I’m living going to be the type of life that reflect Christ so much people can see the impact after I’m gone? That is a tough calling but it is life I’ve been called do. Am I living it?

No comments:

Post a Comment