Saturday, October 16, 2010

30 Day Bible Challenge: Mark

Mark is probably the gospels I've spent the least amount of time studying. I'm not really sure why that is.

Mark, for me anyway, draws my attention to the spiritual battle we are in more than any of the other gospels. Perhaps it is because Mark jumps into the story right at the beginning of Christ's ministry. I also think Mark makes it evident the role our faith plays in this battle be sharing several accounts of Christ healing people because of their faith.

I smile every time I read about Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52) because DJ Olson use to start our camp staff training by teaching from this passage.

I'm still working through some thoughts on Mark 14:1-9. Maybe I'll share those thoughts in another post.

Some thoughts on Luke should come tonight if I have the chance. I'm a little behind in the blogging portion of this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment