Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Right Time

Do you ever notice God has the greatest timing ever? Do you ever think it sure doesn't feel like it? I've been reading the gospels and noticing how Christ always shows up at the right time, responds at the right time, provides at the right time, etc. Everything he does is always at the right time. It might not seem like it as we read the stories, but we always discover it was. That got me thinking of other places in Scripture where we see God stepping in at just the right moments.

The last couple days I've been thinking a lot about Abraham and his willingness to obey in faith as he prepared to sacrifice Isaac. As he climbed the mountain, was he thinking my son is dead? Did he sense that God may do something greater? Had he lost hope of becoming a great nation? I can't begin to imagine the thoughts he wrestled with on that walk. Even more I can't imagine what he felt as he raised the knife to kill his son. But at the last possible second God shows up and reveals a greater plan.

I've been wrestling with several things the last few weeks. Trying to make sense of the journey God has me walking right now. I've been quite frustrated this week with the ways Satan appears to be attacking not only me but those around me. Yesterday, at what seemed like the last possible moment a simple phone call changed everything. And because God is just that amazing, after some a good coffee conversation and a couple more phone calls, God has blown me away...once again.

God never fails. He always seems to know what just the right time is. I've got my idea but it usually is far from accurate. Tonight I'm thankful God knows me better than I do. I'm thankful for people who are willing to be obedient so God can use them. I'm thankful for the incredible faithfulness of my Abba.

Isaiah 55:8-9 "My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts"

4 comments:

  1. Romans 4:20-21...i love the whole chapter but that just sums it up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said,

    and I think I read this at the right time.

    Sorry for the pun, I really do mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - Oh how I miss you.

    James - I love that every comment you make includes some classic James humor. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice on sharing this great content. gread done!

    ReplyDelete