I, and I assume most, usually read the Bible in smaller chunks, but I think there is a lot of value to reading larger passages as well. It helps me get a better grip of the big picture of God's story. It also helps me connect with the story itself. Here are a few other observations.
- I don't remember the Matthew being so descriptive. As I read through the book, I found myself imagining every detail of the scene. I would say it reads like a novel, but DC stole my thunder on that one.
- I found myself connecting with people like John the Baptist and Peter much more than normal.
- This was a much more emotional read than past reads.
- Christ took advantage of every opportunity he had to teach.
- Hypocrisy is in no way one of Christ's favorite things. (Matthew 23)