Q: Why California?
A: A majority of America's college students are in the states of California, Texas, Florida and New York. Impact currently has a presence in Florida and New York and has been praying about expanding into California and Texas. We believe God has answered these prayers in huge ways by bringing us this opportunity to partner with the Christian Church in Thousand Oaks (CCTO).
Q: Why California Lutheran University (CLU)?
A: CCTO is located a few blocks from CLU and has a huge heart for reaching college students. CLU has a large population of international students, which is exciting as we think about our vision. (Impact the U. Impact the World.) As we've discovered from our ministry in South Bend, even at private Christian colleges there are many students who have not experienced the love of Christ.
Q: When are you leaving? When do you start in the new position?
A: If all goes as planned, I'll be leaving South Bend, IN on August 23rd and arriving in Thousand Oak, CA on August 30th. The new position officially starts on September 1st, but I've already started preparing and training for it.
Q: What about South Bend? Will ministry continue at St. Mary's?
A: Absolutely ministry will continue at St. Mary's! The student leader team we put together for the 2013-2014 school year is incredible and we are already planning for the fall. Tom Neyhart, a fellow Associate Campus Minister on our South Bend team, recently finished his support raising and will be joining the team full-time. The team has hired an intern who is raising support to be on campus this fall and talking with an individual who is considering an official volunteer position. The staff is committed to sharing Christ with the St. Mary's campus.
Q: Do you have to raise more support?
A: Yes! The cost of living in California is very different than South Bend and additional funds will need to be raised both for personal and ministry budgets.
Q: Can I see you again before you leave?
A: I hope so! The South Bend team is planning a party on August 16th at 6:30 PM at the campus house. (850 Lincolnway East, Mishawaka, IN 46544) It would be great to have you join us then. Please RSVP HERE or e-mail Lowell Kosak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: This is exciting! How can I be a part of it?
A: Thank you for your willingness to join the journey. Here are some ways you can get involved.
- Pray! Change always comes with challenges. Here are some specific ways you can pray.
- Pray for the transition to California, saying goodbye well, the moving details, and an openness to the Spirit in the process.
- Pray for housing in Thousand Oaks.
- Pray for the additional support needed.
- Pray for my car to survive the long drive. There are a few minor repairs that may need to be tended to before I leave if funds become available.
- Pray for the following trips I have scheduled.
- July 17-21: Support raising in the Detroit and Lansing, MI area.
- July 26-28: Family trip to Indianapolis, IN
- August 23-30: MOVING WEEK stopping to visit with supporters and potential supporters along the way.
- Donate items for the "Sarah is Moving" yard sale on August 2 & 3. All the money from this sale will go towards moving and launching the new ministry. If you have items you would like to donate, contact Lowell Kosak at 574-245-0142 or email@example.com.
- Become a financial partner by giving a monthly gift of any amount. You can give online HERE.
- Give a special one-time gift towards the start up costs of the ministry. You can give your special gift HERE and invite friends to do the same.