Thursday, May 03, 2007

Worship at Oasis

Last night I finally had the opportunity to play for worship again, as part of a band that is. I played keys at Oasis for the first time. Hopefully I'll be able to join them more again. It was very different than other groups I've played with but it was a great time. We gave the students time to just be with Jesus. They had time to sing and journal. I think it was exactly what our students needed. I am praying that they were able to connect in some way.

Last night as Judy was speaking, I looked around the room. There are some awesome students in that group. Imagine if that entire room of jr. highers got it. Imagine if they understood how much God loved them and wanted to be with them. Imagine the impact they could have in the lives of others. On my drive home every Wednesday night I pray that God would teach me how to show them that love. Tonight I think several of our students took another step towards getting it as they came to set their prayers at the foot of the cross. I'm pumped to see where God takes us from here.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes it makes all the difference when one gets it...the power behind a whole room full of people who "get" it would be mind blowing. I think there would be a huge spiritual shake up in the community if an army of youth who understand the power of God's love were to converge upon them. Now that would be cool! p.s. pray for my computer... it crashed again! 2nd time in 6 months...3rd crash counting the computer at home.

    ReplyDelete