Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Worship Series, Part 2

In chapel this morning I spoke on the vertical and horizontal components of corporate worship. At the end I asked the students to write/draw a prayer to God about the attitude of their hearts when they come together to worship. Some of our students responded in amazing ways.

“During this chapel I have been humbled because I’ve realized that I have just been thinking and not acting. I also have been focusing more on myself and what I want in worship rather than what God wants.”

“Dear Lord, My life has been messed for a long time now. Help me to always focus on you and others rather than myself. Help me to regain that relationship. Your sinful child,”

“God, I ask that through worship, I might be able to lift my friends and family up, and that they would be able to lift me up as well. I also pray that YOU will lift us all up, and reveal your plans to us and your love to us.”

“Dear Lord, I haven’t cared about worship for a long time. That needs to change.”

“Lord, Thank you for the time this morning. I know a lot of times worship is focused on me and what I want out of it...”

“My attitude towards worship-I’ve always loved chapel but I struggle with going to church because that’s not what I want. But there shouldn’t be an I there.”

“I need to slow down, even more than I’ve already attempted to, and start ENCOURAGING those around me. They NEED to have this awe, this love for God, and I don’t’ want to stand in the way of them getting that by being self-centered. I want to HELP them come to know His greatness. Lord-help me remember-it’s YOUR will. Not mine. Amen.”




No comments:

Post a Comment