Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bigger Than...My Hurt

I have a strong feeling this is going to be another huge year of growth. Thursday night Dr. Bob covered the topic of “My Hurt.” The hurt in life always seems worse during the hard weeks and this week has been hard. I walked into service broken and tired. I sat down and told God I found the strength to get there, now he was going to have to do something. And let me tell you, he did! It was a fantastic message. Dr. Bob didn’t share anything new but rather numerous reminders I needed to hear. But out of all the great things he shared, the thing that stuck with me the most was what he said to me after service.

As Dr. Bob walked by I smiled and said hello to him. He gave me a huge hug, looked at me straight in the eye I said, “Sarah I will never pass up a hello from you. This was for you. Remember, there was hope for Peter and Judas. Peter found it and Judas missed it. Don’t you miss it. There is always hope, Sarah. There is always hope.” And without another word he turned and walked away.

Little did I know how much I needed to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment