Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pushing forward

At the beginning of the summer I had a discussion with God. I told him I really wanted to spend the summer investing in students but knew I needed money to pay the bills. I asked him to do something so big that the only way it was possible was because he did it. I knew I needed to allow God to stretch me more and I knew that probably meant me doing something COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone.

My summer consisted of camps, VBS, a mission trip and a few other random trips along the way. I felt God calling me to make the move to Mishawaka even though I didn’t have a job. “Craziness!” is what I said to that. But then I remember what I prayed and what God has been teaching me, so I went. I was beginning to get frustrated with the job search and wondering if I had made a huge mistake. Long story short – Hired Monday and school started Tuesday! I spend the summer doing nothing but hanging with students and looking for jobs!!!

I was so excited because it was so evident God has worked out every detail. Monday night I thought this was it. God had dome something huge like I asked. I was in panic mode going into my first day since I never interviewed, met the principals or even been to either school, but I knew that God had done what I asked and things would work out.

The first day was horrible. I was frustrated I was back in the classroom for another year and teaching choir of all things! Then I hadn't arrived at the end. God has only just begun this “huge thing” I had asked him to do. I’m pretty sure I’ll make it through but I think the year may be a little rougher than I first anticipated. Time to keep pushing forward. I’ll be honest. I’m scared out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment