Thursday, August 09, 2007

The View From The Top...

As I mentioned in a previous post our camp theme this year was “The View from the Top.” It was a great theme and two fantastic weeks of being challenged and stretched. For me the best way to sum up the two weeks was this, “The view from the top is God’s view, not mine, and He will reveals each part to me in His time.” That was very fresh in my mind as I traveled to Chicago.

While we were on the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower, I was looking down at the city, specifically the streets where we walked and prayed, and thinking about all the people we had met that day. I found myself thinking about the view from the top and my heart broke for the people of Chicago who were missing out on the greatest gift there is in life. Then I understood a little more how much my selfishness breaks the heart of God. I understood a little more how great God’s desire is for his children to return to him. It was one of those great “aha” moments.

The view from the top is far larger and more beautiful than I will ever now. The view from the top is God’s, not mine, but he is showing me the pieces I need to be obedient where I am and to grow closer to him in that obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment