Sunday, December 07, 2008

My Little Brother

This is the second week of our Advent series at GSM. It was an exciting week for many, many reasons. I had some incredible conversations with students. Each service went really well. But one of my favorite things about tonight was listening to one of my best friends, Jeffrey Myers, teach for the first time. I've been praying for this day for a long time. I've always known Jeff was a good teacher and tonight he did an incredible job.

This week we took a look at those times in our walk when God is silent. Jeff shared some great thoughts and stories to help us understand that silence isn't always a bad thing. There is something bigger going on in those moments. This has been a lesson I'm still learning. Here are a few highlights from the night.
  • Sometimes you get to the point you're just not feeling it. It isn't always a bad thing. Don't beat yourself up.
  • Is God not speaking because we aren't asking? Carve out time with him!
  • Wait expectantly!
  • We know you are coming to deliver us. We'll wait for you even through the silence.
  • When God is silent, he is trying to get your attention. He is trying to get you in tune before he moves you to the next thing.
  • You know his truth is going to be revealed in your life. Keep doing your part and it will come in His time.
Jeff is like a little brother I never had. I'm so proud of him. He has taken some risks and tried things he never thought about doing before. He has stayed faithful through the tough periods of silence in his life. He is doing great things for the kingdom. I'm a very proud big sister...even when he doesn't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment