Sunday, March 18, 2007

Trip Home

This weekend I went home to see my parents and get a dress altered for an upcoming wedding. Before my mom and I went shopping for a wedding gift, we went over to visit my brother and his family. A couple weeks ago they received two foster children. Their names are Gwen and Agnes or Aggie as she calls herself. They are cute little girls. Aggie is 3 ½ and Gwen is just over a year old. It is possible that Gwen is a crack baby, which is very sad. We don’t know how long they’ll be there but they are already healthier than what they were when they came. If you have a minute, pray for all of them. It is a big change for Taylor and Logan and there will be lot of rough times I’m sure. And of course it has to be hard for the girls to be taken from the life they know, even if it wasn’t a safe place.


We played Hide’n’Seek, rolled each other up like hotdogs, read books and became our own choo-choo train. All the kids seem to play together really well. Taylor and Logan have welcomed them and seem to be adjusting, at least for now. My refrigerator is nicely decorated with pictures Taylor and Logan made. I wanted to scan Taylor’s and include it in this post but I have no way to do that. It is a beautiful picture of the whole family, with Aggie and Gwen.

I love that girl. She is sooooo caring. You can see God all over her. She is always telling me things about things that make Jesus happy and asking me to read her stories from her Bible. I just hope and pray that excitment for Jesus keeps growing. Sometimes she puts me in my place!!


For those of you who know Logan’s story, he is doing very well. He still can’t eat much and has some breathing problems but he has plenty of energy and is growing quickly. That kid is a riot. He can tell you anything you want to know about Thomas the tank engine! I love that kid! I'm such a lucky aunt.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. I saw your comment on my blog. Yeah, This is my 7th school year working Oasis. I love it.
    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like u had a nice weekend....goodness right when i saw hide and seek...man all these memories of being a kid all came back..wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great your brother and his family are taking steps to help children in need. I'm sure they will all get along great. They are doing such a WONDERFUL thing!

    ReplyDelete