Saturday, December 01, 2007

Girlz Only...rocked!

We kicked off our Girlz Only events tonight and had an awesome time. I thought everything went really well. Of course there were some things I wish I would have done differently in the message but really it went well.

We are created for relationship.
1. Adam and Eve – Genesis 2:18
2. The Church – Romans 12:5
3. God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit – Genesis 1:27

We are created in the image of God. You have value. Those around you have value. Our relationships need to reflect the image of God.

Three Characteristics of These Relationships
1. No Masks Allowed!
-- Masks hide the real you and cause others to build a relationship with a mask, not a person.
-- I Samuel 20 - Saul wore a mask in his relationship with Jonathon. David and Jonathon didn’t.
2. Lift UP Don’t Pull DOWN
-- It is easier to pull down so we must be intentional about lifting up.
-- Our words have influence. Will we damage each other or encourage each other?
-- I Samuel 18:1-3 – Jonathan encourages the call on David’s life.
3. Fill Up Without Emptying Out
-- Relationships go both ways. There is a time to give and a time to take.
-- I Samuel 24 – David spares Saul’s life
-- II Samuel 9 – David invites Mephibosheth to life in his palace.

We need to practice these in our relationships and surround ourselves with people who practice them as well.

Are these a part of my relationships? Are there relationships that I need to end or some that need to be adjusted?

No comments:

Post a Comment