Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Ministry Adventures

Praying on CLU's campus with CCTO members
I first stepped foot on California Lutheran University's (CLU) campus and met the
people of the Christian Church in Thousand Oaks (CCTO) during our annual All-Staff
Conference in January and it didn't take long to see the need and potential for
campus ministry. CCTO has a great passion to minister to the students at CLU and
other California campuses. In the weeks following that conference, my desire to
see the Spirit of God move in the lives of college students began to grow even
deeper as I thought about the lives that have been changed in South Bend. As I began
to pray diligently for the CLU community and CCTO, God began to instill in me another
desire, to go and serve that community.

Recently, Impact Campus Ministries' Development Team asked me to move into the new
role of Lead Campus Minister for our new ministry at CLU in Thousand Oaks, CA. I
was truly humbled by this request and have accepted a six-month commitment to help
plant the new ministry at CLU, with the potential of the commitment becoming long
term. I'll be moving to Thousand Oaks in late August and begin the new position
on September 1st.

While I will greatly miss Impact South Bend and my St. Mary's ladies, I am really
looking forward to this next step in ministry. The CCTO members and staff have already
welcomed me with open arms by leading the search for a room to rent, providing multiple
resources for the ministry, spending lots of time in prayer, and serving as volunteers
in the new ministry. It is an honor to welcome them to my support team and it is
my hope and prayer that you will continue to partner with me as we Impact the U(niversity).
Impact the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment