Saturday, June 29, 2013

Kenya 2013 - Day 9, Part 2

After a great morning at the Chokichok school, we walked back to the house to pack up our gear and head back to Lodwar. It was tough to say goodbye to our new friends who were already like family. So hard that I'm pretty sure we said we were leaving 14 times before we actually did!
Family photo! Bill with Erus and his family.
The whole gang!
Back in Lodwar, we all enjoyed a cold shower and some food before catching our plane to Nairobi. We were all pretty tired when we got back to the guesthouse and were grateful Bill postponed our departure to Narok until the next morning.

Our time in Chokichok was by far my highlight of our trip. I'm still striving to find the words to articulate that experience. Hopefully they will come soon so I can help you understand how great the experience was. I'm not sure that will happen though. I guess you all better plan on making the trip for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment