Saturday, January 26, 2008

Girlz Only

Last night was insane! I have no idea how many girls were there but I think we successfully transformed the church into the largest salon ever!!!! Nails, hair, make-up, lip gloss, crafts and tons of pictures! I forgot to mention the fashion show. Susanna had some amazing passages and excellent thoughts to share with the girls about inner beauty.

The girls seemed to have a great time and had the chance to make some new friends. Our high school students stepped up and showed tremendous leadership. Let me brag about them for a minute. Heather Stevens was doing some amazing camera work and I'm looking forward to her video. Nea still doesn't have her voice back but was there giving 110%. It didn't hit me until last night but almost all of my small group girls are serving at Oasis in some way. I am blessed to be able to hang out with them every week. I could go on and on about our student but I won't. Let me just finish by saying this; you should meet these ladies and see how amazing they are!

Next Girlz Only Event: February 29th - Mark your calendar. This one will fill up early!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I haven't kept up with everybody's blog either. You would think that without a job I would have the time but between doing job searches, sending out resumes, and splitting wood and tending the fireplace, it takes up a lot of time. Especially since the fireplace keeps our fuel bills down if we burn it constantly.

    As I type, I am sitting in the nice warm living room...it is about 75 degrees, 80 if I am in front of the fire.

    I love Rich Mullins, his music is good for what ails you. Especially if you are trying not to get to far down with the job thing.

    In other news, give your mac a hug for me...I only got 3 months with a new macbook pro before I had to leave Woodland Heights. I really miss that mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast! Man, I miss working with students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happy to hear that Girls Only night went without any problems! You guys are awesome...and major props to Heather* I'm sure her video will be great...*

    (*I'm excited for Lifeline's Chick Nite...this should be another great Spa Night*) =)

    ReplyDelete