Saturday, January 05, 2008

Leaning In

Desire is the name of our new weekend series and it is off to an incredible start. The last few weeks I've had three different people tell me that they truly believe 2008 is going to be a great year. I actually laughed out loud when the first person said it. The last four years have been far from good.

Tonight Mark shared the dream he had for our church and the struggles and pain that came from desiring that dream. He touched on every question and doubt I've had in this journey using Luke 24:13-35. That passage makes more sense now than it ever has. These men were at the end of their rope and ready to throw in the towel. But they chose to lean into the Scriptures this random man shared with them and in the process found the very thing they desired, Christ.

When I reach the end of my rope I find it so hard to lean in and listen. I usually throw up my hands, tell God how angry and hurt I am and then eventually come back to the leaning in bit. How is 2008 going to be different? How is it going to be a good year? When I reach the end of my rope, I'll lean in a little harder and keep leaning in.

"The success you long for comes from God. You have to want it bad enough to say, "You are God and I am not." You have to want up there to come down here." Mark Beeson


God, it is a new year and honestly that scares me. It could just be another year of pain, but I'm choosing to make 2008 a year of leaning. This year I'm going to keep chasing after the passions you've given me. When I hit the bottom, I'll lean in further and listen to your voice, not the lies Satan shares. This year is YOURS!

1 comment:

  1. Leaning in a bit more can be difficult to do - unless you have incredible friends to help you along the way. Shall we?

    I'm back at work and it's almost 9AM...I hope ur day back at school is going well so far.

    Praying for you*

    ReplyDelete