Monday, May 12, 2008

the show must go on…

We had our first Edison Encore concert today. About 5 – 10 minutes before the concert started I was walking down the stage steps. I was unaware of the fact that one of the steps had a crack in the wood’s corner. As I stepped down on that corner, I fell flat on the floor and rolled my ankle. I laughed until I realized I could barely stand up and the whole room was spinning. My vision kept blacking out for seconds at a time. I couldn’t but any weight on the foot BUT…

…the show must go on…

So I leaned on the stage for a while and answered some questions. I sat on the steps and answered some more. Then I stood up, walked on stage and directed the band and choir. After school I had to clean things up and headed to a meeting on the other side of South Bend. I figured I could walk this all off. Not so much.

So as things got worse with the ankle, I finally got a hold of someone to head with me to get it checked out. I’m stubborn and insisted on walking on it. BAD IDEA!!! I have a really bad sprain that will take a while to heal. The doctor didn’t say I needed crutches so I’m hobbling around trying not to scream with each step.

Only I could have something like this happen before a concert.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just have to laugh at life, because it can be just that rediculous! sorry bout the sprain. God is an amazing healer.

    praying,
    luke

    ReplyDelete