Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ups and Downs

This week has been filled with ups and downs and it is only Tuesday. I’ve been trying really hard to keep my attitude positive towards school since the end is so close. I started the day doing really well.

I love the diversity that our school has. I have a couple students who see me in the hall way and bow as they say hello. Today it made me smile more than other days. Both of my 7th grade bands flew through brand new material today. The highlight was when after helping one of my top players look through some music. He left the room and said “Thanks for the courage Miss Koutz.”

There were plenty of students that gave me problems, but that wasn’t the real problem. I was talking to my mom tonight, who reminded me that tomorrow it will be three years since my ordination. She had just listened to the weekend service in which I received my smooth stone award. She listened to it while she was working and had the chance to share with one of her students who decided to listen with her.

Three years since being ordained…and I’m a music teacher. Some days I really struggle with that. Am I where I believe God wanted me to be this year? Absolutely. Do I believe committing my life to serving in full-time ministry was the right decision to make? Absolutely. There is no doubt God is using me where I am right now but my heart and passion is student and worship ministry.

Do I have any answers? NOPE! I just keep being obedient where I am and trust that God will take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment