Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Camp Visit

I just returned from a wonderful visit to MCSC to see the Deeper Life gang. I absolutely love that team. It is incredible to watch them all lead together. In the midst of leading students, caring for their team is a priority. Sure I'm not a member of the faculty this week but today they made it a priority to encourage me in the process of serving students.

I stayed longer than I intended because I got up there later than expected. If you've ever been to an evening worship session at DL then you will understand what I mean when I say worship at DL is a unique experience. What happens when put 60+ high school students hungry for truth, a killer group of counselors and a leadership team extremely passionate about students in one room and tell them it is time to worship? Words can't describe it.

Eric and Wally make me laugh. They can switch roles faster than just about anyone I know. We are hanging out in the spa one minute and the next they are giving me very specific instructions about what I'm doing the rest of the week. So I'll sleep in and get some good rest tonight (I did not sleep last night.) and go back to the camp tomorrow to stay for the rest of the week.

YEA CAMP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment