Monday, June 16, 2008

Living Examples of Jesus, Part 7

Today's Living Example of Jesus:
Lois Koutz-Carver

The past 36 hours have been a whirlwind of emotions. I mentioned in the last post that our family has had several hits over the past several months. My little sister, Lois, seems to be getting a majority of the punches. I got a phone call early Sunday morning with the latest development in her situation. I got another call today and it just seems to get more and more complicated. It seems the harder we pray, the harder the blows feel.

I get so frustrated when people down play or even deny the spiritual war that is happening everyday. Are you kidding me?
"Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour." 1 Peter 5:8
He isn't wasting his energy on sissy slaps on the back. He aims to destroy. And he'll mess with anyone who crosses his path in the process. I am convinced this junk keeps coming because my sister is making a difference for the kingdom and the enemy can't handle it. In the midst of all of it her integrity and character has proven strong. She may appear to be a small women but look out her heart is huge.

I don't understand why God allowed these things to happen this way but I know he is going to make himself evident in the process. I love my sister and know when this is finally done and over with, her testimony will be used to bring others to Christ.

Pray for my family as we walk through this together.


1 comment:

  1. What a great statement of honesty and faith. Love ya. Praying for you, Lois and the whole fam. Call anytime.

    ReplyDelete