Monday, June 30, 2008

Deeper Life 2008

Finally I've got a better connection. I thought I would share my thoughts from camp through pictures. Here are some highlights...

Since I part way through the week I spent most of my time helping the leadership team with behind the scenes work. It also meant I got to spend a ton of time with my little sister Hannah. I love this girl!!!!

When I got to camp with a lot on my mind. The enemy was attacking our student ministry department and my family. I was so thankful for the encouragement and prayers of other faculty members. A five minute conversation with Day can give you enough encouragement to energize you for a week!Thursday we celebrated our place in community by washing each other's feet and celebrating the Lord's Supper. Since the leadership team doesn't have small groups, our campers stepped up and washed their feet. This interaction was one of my favorites.
New to Deeper Life this week was the Sean and James Show. No it isn't like the old school 2nd and 3rd grade morning show at RLCA. Seriously the two of them together is dangerous and incredibly hilarious. As a duo they are climbing up my list of favorite funny people. And Kelly's face in this picture is priceless.

Our Deeper Life Team dominated First Chance camp. There was so much energy Friday night during training. It was unbelievable watching our students step up and serve. It made our job as adult faculty ridiculously easy. Our first project of the day was painting the camp bell before the tiny campers arrived. You can tell Jill and Tom had a blast with this project.

But best of all was celebrating as campers took steps towards Christ.




A fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment