Sunday, July 13, 2008

Camp Adventure

Talk about a phenominal week of camp!!!! This last week was a fantastic one. I haven't had a chance to get my pictures developed and it probably won't happen until after Chicag08 but let me share some highlights.
  • spending a week taking steps together with some of my favorite people
  • aving a wonderful family group
  • sharing a cabin with Angie Aquila
  • watching Jasper being blobbed half way to outer space
  • canoing with Gabby and Olivia
  • watching a student I've been praying for the last seven months take a HUGE step on commitment night
  • watching God shape students into leaders
  • celebrating with students who made it a priority to memorize Scripture because they knew they needed more of it in them - one memorized an entire chapter
  • sitting at the feet of some incredible teachers
  • watching Halley get a bull's eye in archery
  • watching our students be stretched in worship on Friday night - Great leading by Jeffrey!
There are many stories to share. I won't take up all your time by sharing them all. I will share about the one thing that made this week very different than any other week I've done. Camp wasn't over when the last camper left. Our team packed up and headed to McDonald's for lunch but that wasn't the end either. We all worshiped together at the 7:30 service, where God spoke through Mark in a powerful way. Still not over! Then it was off to BWW for some great fun. It was late when we left and you would think we all went home to crash but we didn't. It was off to J and Angie's for movies and more fun. It was great to celebrate the week and just relax with the people you served with all week long.

God is doing something great in our student ministry at GCC and I'm blessed to be a part of it.

I Timothy 1:12 & 14
How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve him...Oh, how kind and gracious the Lord was! He filled me completely with faith and the love of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment