Sunday, January 04, 2009

Cora is here!!!!

Let me introduce you to my new niece, Cora Marilyn or Cora Mae as she is being called. She was born this morning at 6:03 (CST) weighing an incredible 7 lbs 10 oz and measuring 20 inches long. As far as I can remember that is by far the biggest baby in our family. And her mommy happens to be one of the smallest.

Lois is doing very well. There was a short scare an hour or so afterward where she almost passed out but all is well now. I just talked with her and she sounds great. I got to talk to Cora as well and she smiled! I have a feeling it was a bit of a laugh too as she decided to come the day after I was back in Indiana.

This is the only picture I have right now. Obviously it was taken with a cell phone so the quality isn't great. Anna said she isn't very fond of having her picture taken as you can tell from the picture. She doesn't like the flash. Now I have to figure out when I can some time to head out west again.

1 comment: