Monday, January 19, 2009

Dear God Series - Grace

One quick thing before the Dear God info - If you weren't able to make it to a weekend service or live out of town, take some time to watch this weekend's service. Mark's message was incredible. The art elements were great. Easily one of the top five services I've experienced at GCC. Check it out here.

Several students have asked me for the quotes and passages I used at GSM this week. I thought I would post them for you. Also, you can head over to DC's blog and he has the wrap up of the week. Keep resting in God's grace my friends.


Series: Dear God - Week 2
Message Title: Why does God still love me when I make so many mistakes?
Topic: Grace

"We cannot assume that He feels about us the way we feel about ourselves--unless we love ourselves compassionately, intensely, and freely." Brennan Manning, Abba's Child

"God doesn't love us because we are lovable, but because he is love." C. S. Lewis

John 8:1-11

Romans 5:5-8

2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

  1. Sara - You did a great job with a difficult topic. I especially loved the way you tied Pastor Mark's message to grace.
    "Give God the little you have and trust Him to do the rest. That is grace." I LOVE that. Never thought of it that way before, but I find it very helpful.
    Thanks for your heart for our kids.

    ReplyDelete