Monday, November 19, 2007

a little help, please

Next week I will be speaking at our first Girlz Only event for Oasis. I’ll be honest, I’m a little nervous. Over the last year most of the speaking I’ve done has been to high school students, not jr. high girls. And from the talk I’ve heard it should be a good crowd.

I was asked to tackle the subject of relationships in 20 minutes. WHAT? I did a month long series last time I spoke on relationships. I looked ahead at our upcoming events and topics and was able to narrow it down a bit. I have some major points I want to focus on but am a little unsure how to bring it all together in a way that is accessible to a group of girls that has just sang and danced their hearts out.

Here is where you come into the picture.
What is the greatest lesson(s) you have learned about relationships?

1 comment:

  1. This may come across as a rambling answer. The greatest lessons learned really is a two fold process. First it is complete abandonment to self. I have seen so may relationships fail because one person or both are unable to really put the wants and the needs of the other before themselves. The second thing is trust. If number one is true, then it makes trusting each other so much easier. For example, I know that Jill has the best interest of the girls and I at heart so when she goes shopping, I don't have to worry that she will run up credit card bills because she knows how much damage that can do in the long run. Selfishness and distrust are relationship killers.

    ReplyDelete