Sunday, November 11, 2007

No Mercy

I witnessed a pretty heated discussion in opposition to a recent decision that was made. Although I think it was a poor decision and should have been handled differently, it was the right decision. I know; how can a poor decision be the right decision?

It was the RIGHT decision because it upheld with the organization's mission statement and purpose.

It was a POOR decision because it ignored the needs of those being served by the organization and devalued the work of the members in the organization. Or at least if felt that way.

I found myself getting a little irritated with some of the others in the conversation because they failed to look at why it was the RIGHT decision. If I were the person that had to make the decision I would have made the same one. I would have hated making it, but I still would have come to that conclusion.

All of that aside, the whole point of the post was to say I’m learning more and more why “Mercy” is always at the bottom of my spiritual gifts inventory results.

No comments:

Post a Comment