Saturday, March 22, 2008

I forgot about doughnuts...

I found out during spring break my junior year at Bethel (2002) that I wasn't able to eat wheat. Since then my diet has changed drastically. I've found ways to make wheat-free versions of common foods that are pretty good. Some of those foods you can't even tell the difference. But there are some foods I haven't had since I quit eating wheat. Number one thing I really miss is graham crackers.

I didn't really miss doughnuts. In fact when I drive by Krispy Kreme the smell makes me a little nauseous. Until today! I went to the health food store to buy some bread and I found these in the freezer. I always get really nervous about trying new things because so many wheat free foods can taste horrible. I was a little weirded out that they were in the freezer but I thought I have a few extra dollars so I'll give it a shot.

Let me tell you they are well worth the $5.39 I paid for them. They are AMAZING! They taste just like I remember doughnuts tasting. Now if I can just find some wheat-free graham crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment