Saturday, March 22, 2008

Learning from Teaching, Part 2...

Here are a few more quick lessons I've learned from teaching.

- Parents never come to see the music teacher during parent-teacher conferences. In all the teaching I've done I can count the number of parents that have stopped to see me during conferences with just my hands.
- The most important thing you can teach in character.
- Your classroom should never be about you and always about the students. If you leave, your students should be able to function without you.
- Students never benefit when lines are crossed and colleagues aren't supporting each other.
- Starting a new position the day before a concert stinks!


I would love to hear what others learn from their careers. What have you learned at work this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment