Friday, March 14, 2008

HUGE NEWS!!!!!

As of Monday, March 17th I have a full-time teaching position at Edison Intermediate Center!!!!!

Mr. Threet the band and orchestra director has been hired at the magnet coordinator at Perley Fine Arts Academy and starts on Monday. He is a phenomenal director and filling his shoes will probably be impossible. I will take over all of his intermediate and advance band classes and keep my afternoon general music and choir classes. Mr. Kurtis, also the director at Clay High School, will take over the beginning bands, all orchestras and keep the classes he already has. We will be co-directing the Jazz Band and one advanced band.

I am excited to be working with bands again since that is my area of certification. The students took the news pretty hard today so the next week will be very interesting.

2 comments: