Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ministry Update #1 - Oasis

I spoke at Oasis for the second time this last week. At the end of the night we were all in agreement that things went really well, especially considering all the technical issues we were having before hand. Due to some of those problems I had to rearrange and rewrite a major chunk of my message and hour before we were suppose to open the doors.

At first I almost flipped out but then I told God I trusted he was going to keep is promise about being strong in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9) and it all fell together in about 20 minutes. The band did an excellent job. It was really nice not having to worry about playing and speaking. Hopefully it will work out that same way this week. From the conversations I had with students the bottom line of that night seemed to be pretty clear. That is a good thing.

I should have taken a picture of it and posted it but one of our students made me a medallion and certificate for the "Worst Game Player of the Year" award. He was paying attention the last time I spoke. Thanks Joe!! You are awesome. We have such great students.

No comments:

Post a Comment