Saturday, February 21, 2009

We Need Each Other

Sometimes I wonder if God looks at me, shakes his head and just laughs a little. I try so hard to be Miss Independent. I like to think I can handle anything on my own. Past experience has proved me wrong, but that lie hid itself in the corners of my mind long ago. Occasionally it finds it way out of those corners and hits me out of no where.

A couple weeks ago I asked a mentor for some advice on how to handle a huge challenge I was facing. It was in that conversation I realized, once again, how stubborn I can be. So with the encouragement of this mentor I swallowed my pride and admitted I can't do everything on my own. I'm so glad I did.

There is something amazing that happens when you allow the supernatural power of God's love to collide with the limits of your humanity. There is so much grace in those moments of vulnerability. The risk of letting go and being real with a few close friends doesn't seem as scary anymore.

God's intention was for us to walk the journey together. Slowly, day by day, I'm learning what that looks like.


Romans 12:5b - And since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others.

1 comment:

  1. "Let us not give up on meeting together as many often do..."

    I believe that we as a human, God-created, race have a spiritual connection with one another...therefore I see relationship and deep relationship as vital to our connection and relationship with God...Jesus even said that if you have loved your brother than you have loved Jesus/God himself...I beleive that to live as Christ lived means to live in communitty and fellowship with one another...How wonderful and perfect a design...

    Thank you for reminding people of this...I enjoyed reading your post.
    Stay Gold Sarah

    May you continue on in the restless relent of His Peace and Love...

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete