Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Good Songs

The last several weeks I have had the song “The Breaks” by Rich Mullins in my head. Then while I was cleaning this weekend his song “Creed” came up on my play list. I couldn’t help but notice a connection and I love it.

It is the sea that makes the sailor
And the land that shapes the sea
And I do not know yet what I am made of
Or all I may someday be
And it is the wood that makes a carpenter
It's the very tools of his trade
And it is love that makes a lover
And a cross that makes a saint
-- The Breaks

I believe what I believe is what makes me what I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God and not the invention of any man.
-- Creed

I love the line “and I do not know yet what I am made of or all I may someday be.” This weekend as I found myself singing the song I kept thinking I don’t have to have it all figured out right now. I don’t know all that God has in store for me and I don’t have to try and figure it out. He has me where I am now for a reason and that is what matters. And where I am now it what he will use to shape me for what comes next. What I need to do is live where I am now and let him do the rest.

1 comment:

  1. To quote another fine artist...

    "I don't believe that who I am is something I can find; It's whatever I create with what I do with all my time; It's who I choose to love with all my heart and strength and mind; and whether I believe that what I have is really mine."

    ReplyDelete