Wednesday, September 19, 2007

OASIS!!!!

I am so glad that Oasis is back and we are running hard. Last week we had our huge kick-off with tons of fun. There will be pictures soon! We started out the 301 series with a fantastic message from DC about the WHOLE story of the Gospel. Corey kept the momentum going talking about the gifts God has given each of us.

Last week I remembered my Bible but not enough paper to jot down some of DC’s wisdom. Here are a few of the things I did manage to get down.
--There is hope in a guy named Jesus.
--You said you would always have a place for me.
--Each step you take towards God shortens the gap.

I’m glad I came prepared with paper tonight because Corey knocked it out of the park.
--We compare ourselves to others because we are afraid of who we really are.
--Our job is to figure out what our clubs are and how to use them.
--We fall short of our calling because we lack courage.
--Talents and gifts lead you to your purpose.
--Are my circumstances defining me or is who I am leading the decisions I make.
--God did note make you or I generic. We need the first YOU.
--Our talents are the gifts God has given us. What we do with those gifts is our gift back to God.
I loved the golf analogy and Corey’s challenge to ask others what they see in us to help us discover our gifts.

Another great week hanging out with some of my favorite middle school students and amazing friends. The next question...How do we help our students discover their gifts?

4 comments:

  1. Hey babe! I am looking to see if you would be interested in coming up and speaking to our Sr. highers on a Sunday evening??

    I have some dates throughout the school season...let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...oopps... it's me Eric who left that last comment--teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    I have been doing okay. How about you? Right I have a stuffie nose. I am trying to get rid of it. Have a nice day. It weird that here we are two busy and sometimes I don't hear from you. Well, Talk to you later.

    Zac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're a leader!!!

    You're awesome and your dedication is amazing.

    I love that you brought a pen and paper!

    This is going to be a fantastic run of ministry!

    ReplyDelete