Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Hero Within...

Rob kicked off our new Heroes series this evening with an amazing message. I think this series has come at the perfect time. For the last couple months I’ve been trying to answer lots of questions. What am I here to do? What are my golf clubs? What am I passionate about? Am I where I need to be? Okay really I’ve been trying to answer those questions for the last three years. But I’ve reached a point were I’m sick of trying to figure it out. I want answers. I’m tired of floating around. I want to be doing the thing I was created to do. One of many reasons why I loved what Rob had to say.

-- Have I heard my new name?
-- What name do I carry with me right now?
-- Romans 11:29 – I really like the way The New Living and The Message read
-- I was shaped for a purpose. I am unique. I am wonderfully complex.
-- Strengths are a part of the wonderful complexity.
-- Signs of Strength
Success
Instincts
Growth
Needs
-- Don’t believe the lie “I don’t have any strengths”


Rob talked about Marcus Buckingham’s book, Now Discover Your Strengths, or something like that. I’ve heard the book referenced several times over the last month in messages and conversations. I think it will be next on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment