Sunday, September 30, 2007

Why we call it New Community…

I loved New Community this week. When I was taking a class with Dr. Bob I would find myself frustrated at times because his thought process was like a ball in a pinball machine. The days that he was especially passionate about the topic were the worse. I’ve noticed his teachings at church are the same way. The great thing about those messages is that so much wisdom pours out of his mouth, my hand can hardly keep up. And I have to write it down because there is no way I can process it all as fast as he is sharing it. Here is a look at this week’s New Community.

-- Ephesians 3 – I love this book more and more every time I read it.

-- It all starts with you accepting His love. – Umm...eeek!

-- Keep answering the door!!!!!

-- Why we do new Community?
+ We need a family – Psalm 68:4-6
+ We need to bring others in
+ We need to remind each other to keep answering the door.

-- The Father, Son and Holy Spirit
+ always together
+ always loving each other
+ always in deep pursuit of my heart

-- What we all need is a real home and that is going to take hard work.

-- One of Satan’s most sinister methods is to get you alone. We are the most vulnerable when we are along.

-- Our common call is to follow Jesus out into a hurting world.

-- KOINOS – beautiful word picture!

-- The Kingdom is to be in the midst of your enemies. –Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment