Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Good Firm Talking To...

There has been so much on my mind the last few weeks. Situations I'm unsure how to handle. Questions I don't have answers for. Uncertainty that haunts the corners of my mind. Although it seems like there is a lot of unrest, I feel like it is a healthy level that is stretching me. Do I like? No way! Who likes challenging things that force you to be completely honest with yourself. That's just plain hard stuff my friends!

A weekend away with friends reminded me there isn't enough space in my schedule for rest and solitude. I started the school year doing really well with this. Now that work has picked up I've started to lose focus of those goals I set for myself in August. It didn't take much to remind me either. A quick teacher glance. A quiet "hmm?" A stern "Sarah!" I knew what needed to be done.

Tonight I put everything away and just sat with God for awhile. Of course it isn't surprising that at the end of that time, all of those challenges I mentioned earlier seem less intimidating. Too often I try to carry all that junk myself instead of allowing God to move and sort things out in His time. I'm so stubborn! Sometimes I just have to give myself a good firm talking to!


"Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen." Romans 11:33-36

No comments:

Post a Comment